Saturday, April 1, 2023

"Chimpanzees and Stardust"

Walden Pond in November www.trekearth.com



 
Drifting for a week down the Concord and Merrimack Rivers
I trailed my fingers in Civil Disobedience,
lingered a month on the banks of Walden Pond
just long enough to transcend
from awkward adolescent into endless possibilities.
I happened upon Patterson and Fouts,
fingers dancing into primate thinking,
and my enchantment with
Words, Mind and Spirit
coalesced.
My heroes slept under star-strewn skies,
witnesses
of Nature and Life,
Tools and Language,
Thought and Reason
diligently uncovering commonalities.
Observers
who took me from the pond’s edge
Through Gombe
Until I found my place in the Universe.
 


Roger Fouts
www.misitprodictions. com











Copyright Elizabeth Abrams Chapman 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment