Monday, February 6, 2023

“Room Design”

 

https://yoworld.com/

            My sister loves trying different games through her Facebook account. In 2014 she raved about YoVille and invited me to play, too. Then she switched to Bejeweled Blitz and Words with Friends followed by Mahjong Wonders 3D Cube. She bounces from game to game, sending requests for me to join along. While she’s out searching for her next form of entertainment, I still load the now YoWorld onto my computer daily. My collection of houses, furniture, outfits and hair numbers the thousands. I rarely utilize the social aspects within the game. I simply do enough to gather funds for my various purchases.

   
        
My relationship with Bejeweled runs deeper. I discovered that playing a round or two before stretching out in bed resets my brain. During the years of caregiving Mom, playing this computer game nightly rewired my thoughts to focus on lining up and blowing up little colorful jewels. This played out behind my eyes when I settled for the night. We even purchased Bejeweled 3 to refocus me with variations of the basic game. For the last thirteen years, my bedtime routine includes a round of two of “Poker,” “Zen,” or “Butterflies.”

            While my sister dropped Mahjong Wonders 3D Cube rapidly, I found the drill helped my memory and speed of matching alike items. Although I played it for many months longer than my sister, I dropped it for almost a year. When I quit work with the 2020 shutdown, this game became a favorite way to past time.

            Room Design caught my sister’s attention about a week ago. She asked for me to play along because you challenge friends to room design duels. We’ve shot competitive contests back and forth for over the past few days. Every day, I note that the list of friends participating in the game grows longer. Now if my sister and I follow our usual pattern, she’ll shift to another game by March. I will be ensnared in the game for another ten years!

 

https://www.facebook.com/RoomDesignGame/


Copyright 2023 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman
       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment