Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Hidden Feelings"

There are feelings here that can’t be hidden any longer.  
Forever trying to force them down, I find they’re growing stronger. 
Is this a tentative friendship, or the clumsy lover’s dreams?   
Am I experiencing love; is that what this confusion means?   
I’m lonely when you’re gone, and resigned when you are here   
because you’re always far away, even when you’re near.   
I can’t tell where desire ends and where the lovin’ starts.   
Is this what the fairy tales mean when one gives away one’s heart?  
I want to touch you softly, to talk with you and to share.   
I want to say a simple phrase, just “Darlin’ I do care.”   
I'm not asking for eternity; I’m just hoping for one day.    
For I need a chance to show to you the feelings I’ve hidden away. 

Copyright 1977 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment