Saturday, October 12, 2013

“Pretzel Buns”


Wendy's
 
            Pretzel Buns.
            No. Not the latest term of endearment for my husband (although he does have fine buns). Pretzel Buns popped up on many fast food restaurant menus over the last few months. Watching the tasty commercials, I logged it into my brain that I must try one of these new bread variations.
            I admit it. We eat fast food about once a week. Even with all of the dire medical warnings about the health impact of a burger and fries! Frankly, my motto after the last few years of life has shifted to “You only live once.” I’m not going to deny a craving for a chocolate milkshake or an order of fries. I will make certain the remainder of my week balances out with fruits and veggies as the predominant food choice.
            A recent stop by our local Wendy’s offered the opportunity for me to try the latest offering—Pretzel Buns. What a taste bud delight! Wendy’s, to make it easier to digest this fantastic roll, adds two types of lettuce onto the burger. And baby spinach peeks between the slices, too.
            I’ve yet to try Sonic’s Pretzel Bun hotdogs, but I know one day I’ll pull my care into the slot to pick up a Route 44 Cranberry Slush, and ask to this new delicacy.  


 
 

 
Sonic
 
 
Copyright 2013 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment