Friday, September 6, 2013

“Raindrops on Roses . . . Sort of”



            Any precipitation finds me grabbing my camera to document cloud formation and rain. My obsession stems, of course, from the tremendously long and dry summers we’ve endured in San Antonio. Yesterday, clouds rolled into our neighborhood. In the evening thunder snapped our attention away from the television set while bolts of lightning struck within a couple miles of our house.
            I couldn’t wait to grab my camera this morning to document the relief sighing through my plants out back. The live oak’s sheen has returned with a single rinse. My yard feels happy! I don’t have any roses blooming at the moment, but there are still plenty of raindrops!
Copyright 2013 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman






No comments:

Post a Comment