Monday, April 16, 2012

“Patience”















Patience boldly strides into my home each day   
            her bright and eager smile lights her face   
                     her positive energy enervates me with determination   


Patience counsels me as I move through the house   
            she whispers encouraging words   
                        she guides me with her optimistic perseverance   


Patience models tolerance to me   
            her composure fortifies my flagging spirit   
                     her humility reminds me of the gifts of love and care   


Patience walks back and forth endlessly   
            she matches my steps when I long to stop   
                        she inspires me to stay calm and nurturing   


Patience loses energy by midnight   
            her serenity slips and falters with fatigue   
                        her gentle smile becomes feigned   


Patience slips out of the house before daybreak   
            she trudges, head hung in shame, out the door   
                     she mumbles a promise to return recharged     


I eagerly await her next arrival . . .   

Copyright 2012 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment