Monday, March 5, 2012

"Off to See the Wizard"






         In a couple of hours, I’ll stretch out in a dental chair, mouth agape and hopes running high that the endodontist will perform magic with his skill and drill. I will trust the judgment of this professional who I’ve met only once to decide upon the next course of treatment. I’m putting myself into his hands on blind faith that he has my best interests at heart. Tomorrow, I’ll trust another professional to use his or her expertise. It amazes me that we willingly place our lives under the care of other people. We rely upon the training and skill of others to guide us through much of our lives. Over the next few days, I’ll seek the powers of the wizards to give me the courage, intellect and heart to find my way back home.


Copyright 2012 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman


No comments:

Post a Comment