Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Funhouse Mirrors"


Look into the eyes     
vacant sockets   
hollowed by decadence     
and despair   
distortions of reality   
rippled and waved by experiences   
your view, my view     
righteous and indignant   
warped by conspiracy   

Look at the smile   
deceitful daggers   
grotesque with innuendo   
and disbelief   
twists of faith   
buckled and bent by interpretations   
your view, my view   
dishonorable and corrupt   
perverted by unknowns   

Look for the Truth   
barren words   
spoken through slanders     
and mystique   
sleight of hand   
molded and modified by consequences   
your view, my view   
devout and extreme   
destroyed by secrecy   


Copyright 2011 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

I never know where I'll find inspiration for a poem. My mother's rediscovered "The X-Files" and a recent cluster of episodes triggered the idea for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment