Sunday, May 29, 2011

“Sometimes”

sometimes the sun shines, oh, so bright, and sometimes the air is sweet and clear

sometimes my world glistens and glows, and sometimes the future feels so near

then one day the sun doesn’t shine; one day the air is closed and too hot

then one day my world's dull and dim; one day the future that was, is not

I cannot cry for lost sunshine, and I cannot long for cool, sweet air

I cannot see the world I know, and I cannot touch the future bare

so I dream of gold lights of warmth; I dream of breezes in the dark night

so I dream of my life's freedom; I dream of magic futures of light


Copyright 1976 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

I wrote this poem when I was still in high school. It's one of my favorites because it reflects the optimism in which I've tried to view life..

No comments:

Post a Comment