Sunday, May 8, 2011

“Funhouse Mirrors”


Look into the eyes
vacant sockets
hollowed by decadence
and despair
distortions of reality
rippled and waved by experiences
your view, my view
righteous and indignant
warped by conspiracy

Look at the smile
deceitful daggers
grotesque with innuendo
and disbelief
twists of faith
buckled and bent by interpretations
your view, my view
dishonorable and  corrupt
perverted by unknowns

Look for the Truth
barren words
spoken through slanders 
and mystique
sleight of hand
molded and modified by consequences
your view, my view
devout and extreme
destroyed by secrecy



Copyright 2011 Elizabeth Abrams Chapman

I never know where I'll find inspiration for a poem. My mother's rediscovered "The X-Files" and a recent cluster of episodes triggered the idea for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment